What about when your product needs some extra precision? This is where precision sheet metal fabrication comes in. With the help of AS PRECISION, you can build products that meet their specifications without being fault-tolerant.
Benefits of Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Customizable parts: Sheet metal fabrication allows for virtually unlimited customization options, which means you can create parts that exactly match your needs. This is a huge advantage compared to other manufacturing processes that typically require prefabricated parts.
- Versatile: Sheet metal fabrication can be used to create a wide variety of objects from simple parts to entire machines. This makes it an excellent choice for projects that require versatility and flexibility.
- Rugged and durable: Sheet metal fabrication is known for its robust and durable construction. This is partly due to the various techniques used in sheet metal fabrication that can produce very strong parts.
How to Make a Steel Subframe from Sheet Metal Fabrication
Sheet metal fabrication is an easy way to create a steel subframe for your car. With the right tools and instructions, you can make a frame yourself in no time. You'll need some basic welding equipment and a welder's mask, but otherwise, the process is relatively straightforward. Here are the steps:
- Select your substrate. The most common choices for sheet metal fabrication are steel or aluminum. Steel is stronger and holds its shape better, but aluminum is lighter and more affordable. You can also choose to build the frame out of carbon fiber or plastic, but those materials are beyond the scope of this article.
- Mark your size. Your frame size will depend on the size of your car and the type of suspension you plan to use. Use a tape measure to take accurate measurements and be sure to include any shims or other adjustments needed for the suspension system.
- Weld the frames together using basic welding techniques. You'll need a welder's face shield and protective gear to avoid burns and other injuries, but the process is relatively simple.
Sheet metal fabrication is a process of creating custom metal parts using a variety of techniques. Not only does this improve the quality of the finished product, but it also saves you time and money. If you're looking to improve the quality or accuracy of your business, check out precision sheet metal fabrication from AS PRECISION!