1. Turn on the CNC according to the builder’s instructions. When the power switch is turned on, the CNC completely resets.
2. Turn the power switch ON. The startup screen activates and prompts you to Press F10 to continue.
3. Press (F10). The CNC displays the Software Options menu.
4. Highlight 1. CNC Control and press ENTER to activate Manual Mode.
1. Press E–STOP to disengage the servos and revert to Manual Mode.
1. Press EXIT (SHIFT+F10) to display the Software Options menu.
2. Follow the builder’s instructions for turning off the CNC.
Emergency Stop (E–STOP)
Press E–STOP to take all axes and spindle servos offline. This ends all machine movement.
To reset E–STOP, pull out and turn the rotary switch clockwise in the direction of the arrows. The switch makes a clicking sound when it resets.
Resetting E–STOP does not automatically reactivate the servos. The servos must be reset to move the machine. Press SERVO RESET to reset the servos.
For safety reasons, the CNC powers up with the servo motors disengaged. While the servos are off, the CNC cannot move the machine. The CNC displays the message SERVO OFF! when the servos are disengaged. The servos are also disengaged when you press E–STOP, or if the machine attempts to travel beyond a limit switch.
Reset the servos as follows:
1. If a limit switch disengaged the servos, manually reposition the machine inside its normal range of travel.
2. Press E–STOP to display MESSAGE: E-STOP IN-SERVO OFF!.
1. Rotate the E–STOP switch in the direction of the arrows to reset it. The E–STOP switch makes a clicking sound when it resets.
4. Press SERVO RESET to display MESSAGE: SERVO DELAY, PLEASE WAIT… while the CNC resets the servos. The message disappears when the servos reset.
Use the keys on the manual panel to move the machine manually.
Manual panel keys allow you to control machine movements manually. These keys are located on the Manual Panel. Refer to Table 3-1.
Table 3-1, Manual Operation Keys
Moves the selected controlled axis while in the Manual Mode. Jog must be set to 1, 10, or 100. Optional.
In Manual Mode, selects the axis to be jogged.
Cycles the CNC through manual movement modes (FEED, RAPID, 100, 10, 1). The machine builder sets Default rapid and feed rates at setup.
NOTE: The machine builder determines the actual speed of the machine during a move.
Overrides the programmed spindle RPM rate. It is a 13-position rotary switch that ranges from 40 to 160 percent. (Each increment adjusts the spindle override by 10%.) This feature can be used only on machines with programmable spindles.
Overrides the feed and/or rapid rate of the axes in Manual, Auto, and Single Step modes. It is a 13-position rotary switch, which ranges from 0 to 120 percent. (Each increment adjusts the feedback override by 10%.)
NOTE: The override range for rapid rate is 100%. The CNC will not exceed the maximum rapid rate.
Activates the servo motors.
Starts the spindle in a forward direction.
NOTE: On some machines, you must provide the gear range and RPM before you activate this key.
Starts the spindle in a reverse direction.
NOTE: On some machines, you must provide gear range and RPM before you activate this key.
Stops the spindle.
Starts all machine moves except jog.
Moves the selected axis in the positive direction. Available in all modes. Feedrate specified by the machine builder.
Moves the selected axis in a negative direction. Available in all modes. Feedrate is specified by the machine builder.
Halts any running program or programmed move. Press START to continue.
Press E–STOP to halt all axes and machine-related functions. When you activate E–STOP, the servo motors and any programming operations shut down. The CNC defaults to Manual Mode.
Use E–STOP for emergency shutdown or intentional servo shutdown.
The following keys have LEDs located directly above them on the Manual Panel. When any of the keys is activated, the corresponding LED lights up. R
□ Servo Reset
□ Spindle Off
□ Spindle Forward
□ Spindle Reverse